Festival Franco Fun, Lewiston
- June – A one day celebration of the rich Franco-American Heritage of this community.
- Located on 46 Cedar Street Lewiston, Maine.
- It features French entertainment, Canadian cuisine, music, dancing and a full day of lively and fun filled activities.
- Historical displays will also be a featured attraction.
- Website: Festival Franco Fun
- July 4th – check site for dates
- Celebrate independence with food, fun and a grand fireworks display.
- Festivities will take place along the banks of the Androscoggin River.
- Website: Liberty Festival
L.L. Bean 100th Anniversary Hometown Celebration
- 95 Main Street, Freeport Call with questions.
- Celebrate L.L. Bean’s 100th Anniversary with four days of fun including free outdoor concerts every evening in Discovery Park.
- Test your skills on the 25-foot climbing wall and check out the L.L. Bean Boot Mobile.
- Check their site for Celebration activities and dates
- Website: L.L. Bean 100th Anniversary Hometown Celebration
- Held in downtown Lisbon Falls – usually the 2nd weekend in July honoring Moxie.
- Activities include fireworks, Pow Wow, Androscoggin River race, food, crafts, a parade and much more.
- Website: Moxie Festival
Maine Lobster Festival – 1 hour and 40 minutes away
- Usually in August – Check website for current dates
- Located at 275 Main Street, Rockland Maine.
- Call 1-800-LOB-CLAW with questions.
- Come enjoy live entertainment, Maine Sea Goddess Pageant, Seafood Cooking Contest, Local Arts & Crafts.
- Also enjoy the Foot Race across 50 partially submerged lobster crates.
- There are various kid’s events including a marine tent.
- The parade down Main Street
- Website: Maine Lobster Festival
Great Falls Balloon Festival
- Mid to Late August – check website for dates/times
- For 20 years, this festival has been a host to over forty hot air balloonists from across the Northeast.
- The Balloon Fest is one of the largest hot air balloon festivals in northern New England.
- The festival features ongoing activities throughout the weekend for people of all ages.
- The festival includes beautiful balloon launches, live entertainment from local bands, food, many different craft and trade tables.
- The festival also has a carnival, a parade making this a family fun day with many more fun activities for the whole family.
- Website: Great Falls Balloon Festival
Lewiston/Auburn Greek Festival
- Usually in September – check the website for dates and times
- For more info call
- The festival features Greek folk music and dancing, a wide variety of Greek foods, a bazaar and games for kids.
- Website: Lewiston/Auburn Greek Festival