Museum L-A – 35 minutes away
- Located on 35 Canal Street, Lewiston: Call with questions.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10am – 4pm.
- Admission: Adults $5, seniors (62+) $4 and students $4 children 6 and under are FREE.
- Free First Friday: The first Friday of every month is free admission.
- Shares the story of the people and industries that made the cities of Lewiston and Auburn a manufacturing force from the late 1800’s to mid-1900’s.
- They have many different exhibits and collections including textiles, bricks and shoes from when the Bates Mill used to employ over 1000 people.
- Website: Museum L-A
Atrium Art Gallery – 40 minutes away
- Located on 51 Westminster Street, Lewiston in the expansive hub of the USM’s Lewiston-Auburn campus.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8am – 8pm; Friday 8am – 4:30pm; Saturday (during fall and spring semesters) 9am – 3pm, closed holidays.
- The Atrium Art Gallery is open to the public free of charge It presents diverse year-round art exhibitions in all media.
- The art gallery sponsors an open juried biennial exhibition featuring work by artists in Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford counties.
- Website: Atrium Art Gallery
Bates College Museum of Art – 30 minutes away
- Located at the Olin Arts Center: 75 Russell Street, Lewiston, Maine.
- Open Monday – Saturday 10am – 5pm.
- Website: Bates College Museum of Art
Maine Art Glass Studio – 45 minutes away
- Two Galleries: Open to the public Mon-Thurs 9am-9pm & Fri-Sat 9am-4pm.
- 51 Main Street Route 125 in downtown Lisbon Falls, Maine.
- Website: Maine Art Glass Studio
Butterfly and Insect Museum
- The Butterfly and Insect Museum features exciting and educational exhibits appropriate for all ages.
- The Butterfly and Insect Museum is underwritten by Jim Nutting and Maine Art Glass Studio.
- It is for the educational benefit of Maine’s public and children in particular.
- Free to the public or organized tours by appointment for $3.00 per person.
- Website: Butterfly and Insect Museum
- This gallery represents the Studio members’ work and fifty of Maine’s most popular artists and craftspeople.
- The gallery serves as a staging area for new ideas in glass, fine arts and superior crafts from throughout Maine.
- The Sanctuary Gallery is underwritten and supported by Maine Art Glass Studio.
- This is for the benefit and enjoyment of town residents and visitors from around the world.
- Most exhibition art is available for purchase.
- Website: Sanctuary Gallery
Washburn-Norlands Living Center – 20 minutes away
- 290 Norlands Rd, Livermore, Maine.
- Public hours vary; please call for more information.
- Open to the general public but a small fee is required.
- Located on 445 acres of the former estate of the Washburn family.
- The site is a working farm and museum featuring a beautifully restored Victorian country home, farmer’s cottage, granite library and much more.
- The Washburn-Norlands seeks to preserve the heritage of 19th century rural life through innovative and entertaining hands-on programs for all ages.
- The Washburn-Norlands thrives on the generosity of its members, donors and volunteers.
- Website: Washburn-Norlands Living Center